ReGenAll Resort & Retreat Ayiti 3.0 – Now Up on Indiegogo!
A couple months back I wrote an article about a project called ReGenAll Resort & Retreat Center, which is to be based outside of Jacmel. It is an extremely appealing project, and now they are up on Indiegogo raising the initial capital. It’s great to see how much work they’ve done, and to be able to help the team realize their goals, which could mean great opportunity for Haitians in Jacmel as well as the international travel community, who may be wary of staying in Haiti. Please read their description below or go directly to this link
What is this?
ReGenAll Ventures has created an affordable resort and retreat center concept that meets a rapidly growing global demand for meaningful vacation experiences. From its comfortable, eco-elegant design to its range of renewing cultural, ecological, and agricultural programs, ReGenAll Resort and Retreat Center is a refreshing new take on the eco-resort model. It is a direct catalyst for community driven regeneration and is designed to provide positive, life-changing experiences for its guests.
We hope the ReGenAll project and video will inspire tens of thousands of people to step out to be a part of creating something historic, inspiring, amazing, and beautiful for everyone to experience. We will be one of the FIRST and few in Haiti, and are going to do everything we can to make this happen.
Where is this located?
Located outside the beautiful seaside town of Jacmel, Haiti. In April 2012, CNN Lonely Planet article named Jacmel as one of 8 top Caribbean towns to visit. http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/23/travel/top-caribbean-towns/index.html
How are we different?
1) We are not just a resort, but also a community institute. We are providing an educational framework through workshops on topics such as clean technology, natural building, community gardening, etc.
2) Our operations and management framework has been shaped by the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
3) We are constructing the resort using earthbags—a natural and sustainable building technique. This is the same type of building method on which the community institute will base its sustainable housing program.
4) We’re using clean technologies and renewable energy in the resort operations.
5) We have created a carbon reduction program that partners with local farmers for reforestation.
6) We will create and/or partner with tourism programs that give guests a positive insight to diverse artistic, ecological, and agricultural traditions of Haiti that are completely unique to the hemisphere.
7) We have developed a concept that places an emphasis on incorporating local art and craft into the design and furnishing of the buildings and landscape.
8) Resort will be operated and managed by Haitians.
There are currently very few of these resorts in the world. We are trying to change that.
Who are we?
We are a group of experienced professionals that have knowledge and background to support every aspect of this project. We are very passionate about environmental awareness, social change, entrepreneurship, education, sharing positive experiences, sustainability, regeneration, and are excited to share this with you through ReGenAll. You can read more about the folks on our team on our website http://regen4all.com/team/
Why should you support us?
- Despite economic challenges, people still travel, especially to affordable destinations–why not travel to such an amazing place as Jacmel? The activities are endless from mountain biking and hiking on the 2nd highest peak in the Caribbean, swimming in waterfalls or lagoons, tours or artisan workshops, or even being a part of our community institute workshops. http://regen4all.com/jacmel/
- Sustainable tourism provides a way to travel with less impact on the environment, and our project also creates a positive and lasting impact on the community.
- If you already travel, work, and or volunteer in Haiti you can also enjoy a stay at our resort on the coast at a huge discount through our Indiegogo project. We will even pick you up from the Port Au Prince airport!
- If you haven’t been to Haiti here is the chance of a lifetime to do so, stay at an incredible place, and have the vacation or voluntourism trip of a lifetime!
- If you have no desire to venture there, the PDF and HD documentary film are going to be nothing short of incredible released to Indiegogo backers first!
The $395,000 will be used for the construction of the resort. If we over-fund, we will further develop our community-driven projects. If we fall short of our funding goal, we will still work towards construction, perhaps seek a land lease option, seek the remainder of necessary funds from other sources such as investors, grants and/or loans.
If you can’t financially support us?
If you can’t give money then you can help us to spread the good word, and make some noise about our project.
You can also join our team competition for a chance to win a free stay without having to be a financial backer yourself (check out the updates soon).